During List-cember—a series of list based posts I do in December—last year, I posted this blog that listed 25 things that inspired me in 2017. After writing that list, I made a mental note to be even more vigilant of saving and sharing inspiring things I find, both because I got a positive response from others appreciating that list, and because I personally love both making and reading those kinds of lists.
So, in the spirit of keeping those lists alive, and since we’re a little over halfway through this year, I thought I’d share some of the things that have inspired me thus far. Because there’s never a wrong time to share something that ignited a spark in you, right? (Cliché but still very true note: If I’m wrong, I don’t want to be right.)
2) This encouragement to push through the awkwardness:
3) This post, which reminded me that engagement photos (and love in general) can be anything you want them to be.
4) The Breakup Song by Francesca Battistelli
I know who I am
I know I’m strong
And I am free
Got my own identity
So fear, you will never be welcome here
5) Queer Eye
Every episode of both seasons made me cry happy tears. It is honestly one of the best shows out there right now.
6) The statement attached to this picture, which as someone who normally hates getting their picture taken, reminded me that there’s more to a picture than looking good, sometimes it’s just about capturing and appreciating the feeling of good.
7) Lauren Graham’s Book, In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It.
The whole damn thing.
8) This quote used to commemorate Opening Day, which I took as a reminder that “high quality” and “wealthy” are words that you can define for yourself. Also, I just plain agree with Humphrey on this.
9) This video
10) This tough truth
11) Kristin Johns
She is probably the most genuine person on YouTube. She is consistently positive but not to the point where it’s dishonest, and she never fails to make me smile.
12) You’re Not that Great (But Neither is Everyone Else) by Elan Gale
A few of my favorite lines include:
- “‘Everything happening for a reason’ is about how the world affects you. ‘What can I learn from this?’ is about how you affect you.”
- “Try to remember feelings are not facts.”
- “Never forget: you’re probably going to fail anyway, so you might as well go for gold.”
13) This tweet series by Lin-Manuel Miranda
Which he just recently announced is being turned into a book!!
14) This post by Allison A.
15) Which inspired me to write my own (which you can read here)
16) “You Say” by Lauren Daigle
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say I am Yours
17) “The whole mad swirl of everything that was to come began then.” Jack Kerouac, On the Road
Here’s to another six months of inspiration! I’ve come to find it’s always out there 🙂
Leave a Reply