One of my favorite end of the year posts to come across is roundups of recommendations.
Rec Roundups, if you will.
I just like to know what everyone loved throughout the year.
It’s the same reason I do my favorites posts every two months, just with the added excitement and pressure of it being the last month of the year, making them essentially the Academy Awards of favorites. And since I’m a huge fan of awards season, I’ll take any relation to it I can get.
SO, consider these my nominees for my favorite things I saw, read, listened to, wore on my face, etc, throughout 2018. I didn’t pick any winners because, well, I didn’t want to/didn’t have time to make formal envelopes, but I did give my top 10 favorites in every category, with a few bonuses thrown in at the end.
I just wanted to give you my Rec Roundup, in case you’re looking for recs to round up, you know?
Here we go.
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer (Nonfiction/Biography)
- In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It by Lauren Graham (Nonfiction)
- You’re Not That Great by Elon Gale (Humor/Self-help)
- Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (Fiction/Medical)
- Strange Fire by Tommy Wallach (Young Adult/Science Fiction)
- Wildflower by Drew Barrymore (Memoir/Nonfiction)
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (Young Adult/Mystery)
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis (Nonfiction/Self Help)
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (Memoir/Nonfiction)
- The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhymes (Memoir/Nonfiction)
- VIEWS with David Dobrik
- Modern Love
- The Tiny Meat Gang Podcast
- The Mortified Podcast
- School of Greatness
- Ear Hustle
- Dirty John
- The Rise Podcast
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor (Amazon)
- Three Identical Strangers (Amazon)
- Becoming Bond (Hulu)
- Red Sparrow
- A Quiet Place
- Eighth Grade
- Crazy Rich Asians
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Netflix)
- To All the Boys I Loved Before (Netflix)
- A Star is Born
- The Office (Netflix)
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)
- American Vandal (Netflix)
- Atypical (Netflix)
- Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix)
- The Sinner (Netflix)
- Queer Eye (Netflix)
- Love (Netflix)
- The End of the F***ing World (Netflix)
- A Million Little Things (Hulu or ABC)
- Sweetner by Ariana Grande
- Dan + Shay by Dan + Shay
- Own it by Francesca Battistelli
- Swimming by Mac Miller
- Don’t Smile at Me by Billie Eilish
- Reputation by Taylor Swift
- Bloom by Troye Sivan
- Golden Hour by Kasey Musgraves
- Electric Light by James Bay
- Shawn Mendes by Shawn Mendes
These are the only ones that I figured needed a little commentary just so you know what the heck I’m talking about.
Computer glasses: I talked about these in my most recent favorites post. They block the blue light from your computer, so if you are someone like me who spends most of their work day looking at a screen, they help A LOT with headaches and make my eyes feel less like they’re being sucked out of my head.
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder: I tend to have oily skin and so far this is one of the only powders that has truly helped me combat it! Plus, it’s cheap! (find it here)
Wear Me Pro Sunglasses: These were an impulse buy on Amazon that I figured couldn’t hurt because it was only putting me out about $10. But I ended up truly LOVING these glasses and wore them almost every single day. (find them here)
Uline Blanket: I got this as a free gift from a purchase we made at work and OH. MY. GOSH. It is the greatest blanket I have ever owned and am willing to fight to the (near) death with anyone who tries to take it from me. (find it here)
Google Wifi: My parents bought this for their house and loved it so much that they gifted a set to my roommates and I. Now, I’m not the techie that can explain exactly how they work, but let’s just say if you are having trouble getting your Wifi to reach certain rooms of the house, these bad boys extend that reach. They have worked great for us! (find it here)