Nothing has ever qualified me to tell you what the best books, movies, music, etc., of the year are, but that has never stopped me from giving you what I believe to be a highly educated opinion.
I mean, who needs all the fancy words and validating credentials when I can just tell you, hey, this didn’t suck and I think you should check it out.
So that’s what I’m here to do today.
Here are all of my top recommendations from 2019, just in case you’re looking for something good to kickoff your 2020.
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris (Historical Fiction)
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (Fiction)
- For One More Day by Mitch Albom (Fiction)
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis (Self Help)
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (Mystery/Thriller)
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Historical Fiction)
- My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing (Mystery/Thriller)
- Where the Crawdad’s Sing by Delia Owens (Fiction)
- Beautiful on the Outside by Adam Rippon (Memoir)
- Over the Top by Jonathan Van Ness (Memoir)
- ESPN 30 for 30
- Beach Too Sandy, Water Too Wet
- Dr. Death
- Duolingo Spanish Podcast
- The Trypod
- The Clearing
- My Dad Wrote a Porno
- The Dropout
- How I Built This
- Free Solo
- The Dawn Wall
- Unicorn Store
- Someone Great
- Frozen 2
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Fleabag (Amazon Prime)
- Single Parents (ABC)
- The Politician (Netflix)
- The Act (Hulu)
- Killing Eve (AMC)
- Modern Love (Amazon Prime)
- Dead to Me (Netflix)
- Euphoria (HBO)
- Four Weddings & a Funeral (Hulu)
- When They See Us (Netflix)
- Heard it in a Past Life by Maggie Rogers
- GIRL by Maren Morris
- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go by Billie Eilish
- Daylight by Grace Potter
- Lover by Taylor Swift
- Cheap Queen by King Princess
- The Highwomen by The Highwomen
- Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent by Lewis Capaldi
- Free Yourself Up by Lake Street Dive
- Happiness Begins by Jonas Brothers
Hippeas: THESE. ARE. SO. GOOD. I truly cannot stress this enough. Their one and only flaw is that they come in relatively small bags UNLESS you want to brave Costco for the monster bags. I personally am not always in the mood to brave Costco, which is why I found…
…White Cheddar Cheetos Puffs! These are the perfect sister snack to Hippeas and are also delicious. Who knew I had such a thing for white cheddar this year?
Duolingo: I downloaded this app to learn Spanish and have genuinely loved using it! They are always adding new challenges and new ways to learn and I look forward to going on each day.
Birkenstocks: I waited a long time and listened to a lot of hype about these before I finally pulled the trigger but I am so glad I did. Believe everything you hear. These are wonderful and I will miss wearing them in the winter months. (find this pair here)
Old Navy Leggings: I am constantly on the hunt for good leggings that aren’t one million dollars, which according to most retailers, is a big ask. But I bought a pair of leggings from Old Navy early in the year and loved them so much that I bought 4 more pairs. They are so comfortable and just the right amount of thick, AND, most importantly, they have side pockets, which is the real game changer. (find this pair here)
Check out more List-cember posts here.
Thanks for the pro-tips! It helps people like me that don’t know where to start!