So I know it’s usually a joke or a cliché or whatever you want to call it, but the other day I sat down and really considered how rich I could be if I ever did get a nickel or a quarter or, can you imagine, a dollar for every time I did or said and saw _______.
As I thought about it, these were the real moneymakers I came up with:
- Cursed in the car
- Ate a sandwich
- Said, “it’s freezing in here.”
- Made a pun
- Cried during a commercial
- Went to a dodger game
- Pressed snooze on my alarm
- Watched an episode of Friends
- Went to Target
- Made myself laugh
- Said, “you scared me.”
- Cringed at something I said years ago
- Cooked macaroni and cheese for dinner
- Did a crossword puzzle
- Went for a run
- Said, “Dude.”
- Talked to my dogs
- Googled something I was curious about mid-conversation
- Wore converse tennis shoes
- Rewatched a movie I’ve already seen rather than watch something new—especially something that I’ve been telling people “I don’t have time to watch.” (Sorry)
While there’s no way to know how much money I’d have if I could actually translate all of these into cold hard cash, I can only assume that if I did, I’d be writing this from a huge recliner with a built in refrigerator, wearing a robe made of clouds, while calling my personal driver to pick me up to take me to the airport to board a first class flight to an exotic destination with my family.
Or maybe I just wouldn’t have a credit card bill and I’d totally buy the brand name cotton balls instead of the knockoffs.
Honestly either future looks great.
What are some things that would make you fictional nickel rich?
And what would you do with all that money if you could somehow get your hands on it?
I’d totally give the number of my cloud robe maker.
Leave a Reply