Hello and welcome back to another edition of All the Good Things, a monthly series where I highlight all the good things (get it?) that happen in each 30-day (or so) span. I hope it can be a reminder that amongst all the well known bad, there is a lot of undercover good happening in our world.
Let’s dive right in.
1) Buzzfeed released this list of clever and hilarious people
2) This mom found a creative solution:
3) These people shared the best lessons they learned from 2020
6) This UPS driver got a parade in his honor
8) This police officer bought dinner for two women who were suspected of shoplifting
10) This man started fundraising for the Boys & Girls Club by collecting pennies.
11) This potato AirBnb became a crowd favorite for future vacations
13) The Indoguration
14) The mayor of Paris announced plans to turn the Champs-Élysées into a garden
15) This woman said what we were all thinking:
16) TikTok users helped develop a pill bottle that is easier to use with shaky hands.
17) These volunteers removed 9,200 pounds of trash from the Tennessee River
18) This cat kept watch
19) This 10 year old cashed in on GameStop stocks gifted to him two years ago
20) This woman gave a great tip:
21) This dog visited the hospital her owner was being treated at every day until he was released
22) This activist used chip bags to make sleeping bags for the homeless
23) This woman created an app to help those with special needs make friends
24) This woman made a good point:
25) This waitress saved a boy from his abusive parents
26) This woman started Saddle Up & Read, a program that uses horses to help kids get excited about reading
28) This hardworking teen was gifted a car
30) This geologist found a rock formation that looks exactly like Cookie Monster
31) And finally, this iguana struck a post
Wanna know the best part? There is SO much I didn’t include.
I can’t wait to see what February brings!
You can view the last edition of this series here.